A third California DUI violation is a serious charge. Most of our clients charged with a 3rd California DUI or higher will be recommended to a live-in alcohol recovery program to address the problem and protect against run-away jail sentences. We will also research your prior cases for possible mistakes made in the handling of your prior cases (strike a prior).
Typical Third DUI Penalties in California
- Six months to one year in jail (possible combination alcohol program and jail)
- Approximately $2,000 fine and penalties
- 2 year drinking driver program
- 3-5 years probation
- 3 years license suspension (restricted license after one year possible)
- 2 points on your driving record
- 1 year interlock device installed in your car
If you have been charged with a third DUI offense, call us at (877) 280-9944. At the law offices of Lucy S. McAllister Criminal Law, located in San Jose and San Francisco California, our goal is vigorously to defend all Californians who have been charged or accused of criminal offenses, regardless of how severe.
For an initial confidential consultation, and for more information please e-mail us or call us at (877) 280-9944 – 24 hours a day.